Custom Phenolic Nameplates
Custom Phenolic Nameplates
Phenolic nameplates are useful for many applications, including identification tags for machine panels, electrical panels, industrial machinery, as well as caution or warning signs. They can be also be used to identify buttons, switches, lights, and to warn operators of potential hazards.
Lamacoid is made from a flexible engraving plastic stock created with layers of a base material (fiberglass, paper, and other materials) combined with phenolic resin and laminated under heat and pressure. This makes these nameplates ideal for a wide range of industries including heavy machinery, mechanical, mining, electrical, maritime, computing, civil engineering, military municipal, and many more.
Custom Lamacoid Nameplates & Tags Offer Advantages Over Traditional Plastics
When compared to traditional thermoset plastics, lamacoid nameplates hold up to higher temperatures and will not melt, making them very durable for heavy-duty applications. The color selection is limited but can be designed in primary safety colors for use in safety and warning signs and equipment.
The multi-layered acrylic of phenolic allows nameplates and labels to be engraved with easy to read designs. They are well-suited for industrial environments and can be customized to work well outdoors with UV stability and weather-resistance.
Key Features of phenolic labels, signs, and nameplates:
- Useful for indoor and outdoor applications
- Available in many sizes, shapes, and several colors
- Lightweight and strong
- Excellent electrical insulation
- Great durability and abrasion resistance
- Stands up to high temperatures
- Chemical resistant
- Can be stain resistant
The Benefits of Phenolic Labels Make Them Perfect for Many Applications
Because Lamacoid is either a 2-ply or 3-ply plastic, that offers durability, heat and chemical resistance, and excellent electrical insulation. Phenolic is cost effective and can be mounted with standard adhesives. Because of these unique characteristics, lamacoid labels, placards, and signs are used in many applications.
These common applications for lamacoid nameplates and signs include:
- Washroom signs
- Name tags
- Control panels
- Directory boards
- Load charts
- Cable or Valve tags
- Electrical panels
- Operator devices like pushbuttons
- Control tags
- Desk holders
- Room identifiers
- Other unique custom geometries
Considerations for Custom Nameplate Designs
When deciding on the design and material of your nameplates, you should consider the following:
- Appearance: When considering the design of your nameplate, the aesthetic appearance and the appearance requirements for its application are one of the most important characteristics to think about. What colors will be necessary for your project? If your application requires bright, easily-noticeable colors for warnings or identifiers, lamacoid is a great option.
- Length of Use: Depending on how long the sign or placard will be in use will determine the level of durability that you need. If you need a nameplate that will reliably last you a long time, phenol is a multi-layered plastic for added durability.
- Environment: Your nameplate design will differ depending on whether it will be used indoors or outdoors. Outdoor usage requires additional material considerations because the sign needs to stand up to varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- Application: The most obvious consideration is what the placards will be used for. If you’re in a manufacturing, computing, military, or other intense industry, your applications may require a stronger, more durable material for your nameplates, placards, and signs. Lamacoid is specifically designed for a heavy-duty, clean design.
Contact Sine-Tific For Custom Lamacoid Tags & Labels
Since 1963, Sine-tific Solutions has provided industrial engraving and screen-printed products that meet our customers’ specific needs. No matter the application, we can create a custom phenolic nameplate that meets your design requirements.
To learn more about our custom lamacoid nameplate services, or to discuss your design requirements with our team, contact us today.